Center for Adoption Policy Harvard Law School Child Advocacy Program and Justice Action Center at New York Law School
Invite you to: “International Adoption, the United States and the Reality of the Hague System”
Friday, March 6, 2009
9:30 AM – 4:30 PM
New York Law School
47 Worth Street in Tribeca, NYC
This conference will address all aspects of international adoption to and from the United States, one year after the Hague Convention on Intercountry Adoption became effective in the United States.
- Elizabeth Bartholet, Professor of Law and Faculty Director, Child Advocacy Program, Harvard Law School
- State Department officials William J. Bistransky, Anna Mary Coburn, and Miki Stebbing
- Richard Klarberg, Council on Accreditation
- Dr. Jane Aronson, Worldwide Orphans Foundation
- Tom Difilipo, Joint Council for International Children’s Services
- Kathleen Strottman, Director of the Congressional Coalition for Adoption Institute.
The keynote address will be given by Ambassador Jerome J. Shestack, Past President of the American Bar Association.